No OnePlus 9T or 9T Pro, rumor says

The past 12 months have been weird for the smartphone industry. Last year, Apple removed the free chargers from its new iPhone boxes, sparking a concerning trend throughout the entire smartphone industry. Recently, Samsung’s TM Roh confirmed that a Galaxy Note isn’t coming this year. Now, there’s a rumor swirling around that OnePlus will not launch a OnePlus 9T or a OnePlus 9T Pro.

Explicitly leaked through a tweet, Max Jambor states that OnePlus will not launch the premium models of its current flagship lineup this year. Instead, the company will focus on the standard OnePlus 9 models this year.

Traditionally, OnePlus has a two-in-one release schedule every year, launching a standard flagship model earlier in the year and a premium slate later on. The schedule follows the same setup that Samsung uses for the Galaxy S and the Galaxy Note series.

It’s a strange coincidence that both Samsung and (potentially) OnePlus are foregoing their premium models this year. Both companies could be feeling the effects of the ongoing chip shortage that’s affecting the world right now. Without chips, smartphone makers won’t have an easy time making their devices.

Besides Samsung and OnePlus, Apple is reportedly cutting out its iPhone 12 mini and its successors — albeit replacing the model with a larger one. Consoles are also experiencing the crunch, experiencing shortages across the globe.

Though the current OnePlus report is still a rumor, current events do lend some credence to the sudden disappearance of the OnePlus 9T and 9T Pro this year.

SEE ALSO: OnePlus teases OnePlus Nord 2 on Instagram

The post No OnePlus 9T or 9T Pro, rumor says appeared first on GadgetMatch.

No OnePlus 9T or 9T Pro, rumor says No OnePlus 9T or 9T Pro, rumor says Reviewed by Telenor Editorial on July 28, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.